Thursday, August 7, 2008

Changes, changes, changes!

A lot has hapened since I've written in this thing, but it's ten, and I should go to bed pretty soon, but here are the highlights of the past couple of weeks:

  • We said, "goodbye" to the Sherman Center, and, "hello" to the Teikyo Loretto Heights Auditorium
  • We learned a lot about the tour, such as where we'll be going, and who we're going to be working with. The venues for the Mexican portion of the show are going to be absolutely incredible. The smallest venue in which we'll be performing holds 7,000 people, and the biggest holds 20,000 people. We'll also be doing a lot of community service work including working on the streets to cover up graffiti alongside some of the graffiti artists themselves; we'll be working with children with cancer, and we'll also be working with Mexican people who have CP, which will be an awesome experience, and I'm glad the cast will learn more about it.
  • Jochem and I had to switch our host families because of some unexpected events, and our new host family is awesome. We have an 88-year-old host grandpa, a really cool host dad, a Ugandan host mom, and two adorable host sisters, who are 4 and 6.
  •  I am learning to function on minimal sleep, and am starting a coffee habit.
That's all! I'll post pictures on the next post, I promise! Wish me luck for the dress rehearsal on Saturday. 

No comments: